Morning Melbourne..!
We have woken in anticipation this morning, thinking about meeting the lady who'll now carry our embryos (and hopefully baby/ies) is quite surreal.
Of course, we are dealing with this day in different ways already. Obie has headed off to the gym for a stern workout and here I am....blabbing off at the mouth again (or computer).
I just love your posts, and being able to keep in touch. Even if its not a phone call, its something.
I have attempted to respond to some of them in this post, feeling terrible that this is the first time I'll have done so.
Jordan is so cute, he asked me at the airport how far it was to India, "like how many days Aunty Aly?" and what are ya gonna do when you get there. We very honestly told him that we'd be seeing lots of interesting things and having fun.
Katie, Katie, Katie...I bet it has all come rushing back for you guys. It was so recently that you travelled this same path. (still can't believe we have such wonderful friends who are on the same road, fate is a funny thing). I can't tell you how much all your love and support, advice and information has proved helpful. Everyone here sends you guys big hugs and keeps asking how the wedding went. You are thought of very fondly here.
We know that have a lot on your plate and want you to know that our thoughts and prayers are also with you and Nutsy, they never leave!!.
Potty and Son, you have literally just delivered your own baby and are finding (or making) the time to write to us....Super Parents I tell ya...thanks for text on how Lara is going, we can't wait to get back and have another cuddle.
Jo, I love your witty posts. I bet this is a learning curve for nan - reading her granddaughters posts about surrogacy in India...now there's a generational difference for ya..!
Amie, my beautiful sister, you just never stop being wonderful, you are in my heart like you are here with us. We get to give the gifts today. If she doesn't like them, I'm blaming you.. ha ha. Apparently they like it when the children get things and I have told Sudhir about the hand made hair clips so I think the gifts will be greatly appreciated, all thanks to you!
Dad, for the life of me I can't figure out skype. I know, I'm a huge disappointment but I need all my own profile to log in and just don't have the time to spend figuring it out. We'll speak again soon and, in the meantime, you have plenty of photos around the house of my big ugly head to look at. Mum, how's Amie's supply going? is it depleting fast? I know your struggling, but we are great, happy and where we want to be.
Johanna, are you keeping your mum and aunty up to speed so the information gets through to them correctly..!! ha ha. Thank you for all your comments, you travelled a long journey yourself and certainly know of the desire to have a family.
Martine - do you ever stop crying my friend..ha ha, its good to know that I'm not the only emotional female...ha ha thank you also for all your thoughts and prayers, we appreciate every one of them, now stop blubbering..!
Lisa, where are you girl...?
I know these posts haven't been very interesting to all the blokes that are reading. Obie has earned his stripes though and is soon going to post something with a more male flavour. We might have to start a separate stream for footy results and super coach updates though.
Its all good, one thing we learnt very early in to our journey is that we all deal with things in different ways. Recognising that and allowing each other to do it "their way" helps us to get through the difficult days and be a stronger couple at the end of it.
Work hard in the gym obes, I'm going to sit by the pool.......
Saturday, September 19, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Hi guys have to say we hope damien's feet are felling so much better after the fish pool.Nearly made us throw up sorry damo,Don't think for one minute your blog is boreing it is wonderful to follow your journey as much as we can, and everyone's comment's are so touching thank you to everyone.All is good Aly i haven't had to join AA as yet Amie supply of champayne is safe i called into Dan Murphy's on the way home from the airport. We hope today was as good as yesterday maybe even better i am sure that the people that you are meeting along the way will love you as much as we do. I know that you are where you need to be at the moment but know that the lord is sick of hesring from me, he is saying enough it is fine.travel safely have fun and tell my beautiful son in law to stop bathing with the fish, love you both stay strong, love mum and dad.
ReplyDeletenan sends her love to you both
ReplyDeleteI am sitting here reading all this for about the 3rd time (never get bored at all!) and can not believe it. It only seems like yesteday we were talking about india being a possibility, and now you are actually there.. so amazed and lucky to be apart of all this, all the years before seem so far away, and this path for you both seems so right. I hope today has been all and more what you have dreamt about, can not wait to hear about it all. you are in our thoughts every moment and prayers have not stopped. we miss you but know you are where you are meant to be. how's the wine over there? hope better than the airport... jordan has his glass of "wine" everyday in his plastic wine glass. (small things!)And your brother in law is dying with the flu!!! his is actually quite sick but being well looked after with homemade chicken soup. (whatever works). Montana has been a little busy with all her friends turning 1! to many birthdays. Gabby comes home from queensland tomorrow and danni now a proud owner of a new lexus loves her dad just a little bit more at the moment. Me, body here, mind india. look forward to hearing how today went. love ya xxxx :)
ReplyDeleteI am here my beautiful girl reading every word. I don't have the right words to say everything I want to, so haven't written yet. Please write more, not less (Obe's get off her case) - we want to hear every detail of your amazing journey. I had my sisters engagement party last night - another emotional night. I'm so excited about what the future holds for everyone. I wish I was there with you. I hope meeting Rohini and her family was a sucess today. and I hope you're now enjoying a very much deserved drink! Waiting patiently for the next update.....Love you both!
ReplyDeleteI think you're getting the idea that no-one here is getting 'bored' with your posts lovey, we are there in spirit with you anyway. My heart and mind have never spent so much time in India.
ReplyDeleteAs for Nan, she is with you 100% and would have chosen surrogacy herself, if available back then, after 4 children! Given Obie can't do anything wrong in her eyes, she has every faith in him and knows you're safe in his care.
As always, we love you and wait with baited breath for your next instalment. Tell Obie we think he's too scared to do his own post... scaredy cat, scaredy cat! (I reckon that'll do it, guys love a challenge, he'll be fighting you for the keyboard... well, it use to work a dream in primary school!) Huge bear hug, watch out for speeding elephants... Jo & Nan xoxo
oh guys..... you make me cry!!! We are so glad to hear that things are going well for you both. I can only imagine what an emotional roller coaster this journey has been - life dishes out weird things. After having Lara and things not going the way I planned (does anything go the way you plan in life ???) I realise that we are so lucky in this day and age to have access to great medical intervention .... some things just wouldn't have been possible not that long ago. We are all here settling into home life now, Lara is pretty good with her feeding and sleeping - so far so good. I'm not ready to send her back just yet :-) Marc has been a great help and as you can imagine has taken Lara to meet all our neighbours !! Everyone says she looks like Marc - but a pretty version.. Guys I have to go, I have been expressing while writing to you and have just realised I have breastmilk all over the place (sorry for the mental picture !!! )Love Sonia, Potty & Lara
ReplyDeleteI wake up every morning for the next installment and like Martine I can't stop crying. You guys are truely amazing I don't think I would have had the strength to keep going like you have. Yes the information is being correctly delivered to Mum and Aunty although by the time I get I get home with the "goss" they already have a different version, which i might add has already led to a couple of arguments which I have had to set them straight (Mango has just walked in to go to the Show and wants to know why I am crying!)Fingers crossed, it's all up to God now! xxxx
ReplyDelete