Singapore....What a fabulous airport! transiting there for 5hours seemed like a lifetime when we arrived, till we discovered the day spa...! we headed through the airport and discovered the Fish Day Spa. Why Fish? we thought, until we saw three sitting pools filled with cute little fish swimming around (kinda like tadpoles).
We chose our treatments and were led to the pools where other travellers were sitting and soaking up the uniqueness of this experience. What experience?, you might ask! well, the concept is simple, sit, put your feet in and let the fish all gravitate to your feet and eat the dead skin...! Want to throw up? I nearly did and, in spite of several attempts, (Obie told me I was embarrassing him) I just couldn't bring myself to endure such "relaxation". On the other hand, Obes loved it, thought it was awesome.
5 hours later we headed to the gate (another screening point) and were met by ground staff that were fully briefed about our special cargo. We waltzed through and again, boarded the plane first. Qantas were brilliant, and after a short misunderstanding the embies took their rightful place up in Business Class.
By now, the emotions were really hotting up and I struggled to keep back the tears, we were getting closer to Mumbai and were just so unsure what we would face when we landed. It was coming to the end of the road and all our preparedness was about to be truly road tested. In different ways we bared the stress. Obie didn't take his eye of the locker, where they were stored, so he knew no-one could touch them and I just continued to freak out.
We took-off safely and were on our way. About 1 hour in to the flight turbulence hit and the meal service was suspended and everyone told to sit down. I could see lightening in the distance and was convinced we'd all die right then and there. Again.......... a bit emotional. It was at this point that Obie told me to pull my self together and get a grip.
Our trusty pilot made a perfect landing and the embryos hadn't moved. We hung behind and were greeted by ground security who escorted us through the airport, through the swine flu screening and customs and then baggage collection to the the final (or so we thought) x-ray point. (Note - the airport wasn't as confronting as we had thought it might be.....such a relief!)
Wearing a badge of any description in Mumbai means "authority" - this meant that we just walked straight through without x-ray of any description, not even our other bags! pass the mile long ques and out in to India.
We did it - were too scared to high-five in the airport in case they thought something sinister so we had a little jump in our step instead..!
They were through....WOO HOOOOOOO
I have heard about the whole fish dining on your dead skin.. I am with you mate don't think I bring myself to do it. The whole airport thing in Mumbai just sounds to good to be true, but that is what we want. I hope you get to enjoy some part of india while you are there, still praying every day. Jordan could not believe that you just arrived on your "Holiday" today, quote "how far did they go". Love you take care xxx :)
ReplyDelete